Monday, February 2, 2015

Love is in the February air ;)

Linking up with Farley for this month’s Currently! Two for two so far this year :)
So… leggo!



Listening:
Confession… I have a super duper big time crush on Chris Brown. I could listen to him sing & watch him dance all day long. I looooove him. Some of the lyrics are a bit much... but his voice and phrasing are magical! Yeah. Huge crush!

Loving:
I am a HUGE Houston Rockets fan! Have been for years. I LOVE that we have the ROOTS Sports channel and I can watch every game! I’m going to the Feb. 8th game against the Trailblazers… super excited!!! Fear the Beard!

Thinking:
My poor kiddos are taking their fraction unit test tomorrow and they just are not ready. We are really struggling this year. It breaks my heart, but I’m doing everything I can! These new math TEKS are giving me major grief this year!

Wanting:
No more sugar! I seriously need to give it up. I did not have any sugar at all for about six months and then I got back into my bad habits. Time to get my nutrition back on track!

Needing:
I lost 80 pounds last year :) Aww yeah! I’m still holding on to all my old clothes, but I really need to get rid of them. I just never have time to go through them all, try everything on, and see what to trash or donate. I need to just suck it up and get it done!

Pageant Title:
Miss Self Conscious. That is the most accurate title ever. I care way too much about what other people think of me. I don’t even know why I’m like this. I mean, I’m pretty much invisible to everyone anyway. I’m my biggest critic and my own worst enemy. I still think like an insecure teenager... and I'm 30. Time to grow up and get over myself :(

So that’s that!  See you in a month ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to meet you through Farley's Currently :-) Totally know what you mean about teaching fractions - some children get it immediately others struggle big time. It takes lots of pizzas and cakes cut up to get them to "see" it in those early stages!!
A great big high five for losing all those pounds - I also wrote about this in my Currently post - you will be my inspiration - I'd love to lose that much weight - how did you do it?
Finally, are you sure you've got the right pageant title? Your photo shows a smiling, nothing to be worried about sort of gal - if it is any consolation I know that children couldn't care anything less about what a person looks like - they see the insides of us better than adults do. You obviously care about the children you teach and that is what is most important so in my books you are a star!! Take care and pop over to my blog if you have time - it would be lovely to see you! Pempis Palace

C said...

Congrats on all your weight loss -- that's awesome! I need to cut sugar out of my life, too...but mine is more of a "need" than a "want," if I'm totally honest. haha. :)

I noticed you teach science in Texas -- so do I. :) I'm anxious to read more of your blog!

~ Candice from Innovate. Motivate. Educate.